Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filter History By Type Still Not Working

Copper Contributor

Filter History By Type Still Not Working

I've noticed that when viewing the history of activities for a contact, the minute I try to select the different types I want selected, the TYPES pull down menu changes to show the word "None" and all the other options are gone.  I can no longer check off any boxes, there are no boxes to check off.

In addition, the show preview column goes blank.  In other words, same type of refreshing problems I've been reporting previously.  However, if you choose your filter options i.e: which history types you want to show, and then click on a different tab and go back in, it retains the types you've selected and show preview column works as it should.

Please.... can someone here on the development team for Swiftpage please have these refresh issues fixed - they are making the software almost unusable.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Filter History By Type Still Not Working

Hi Jag,

As you may be aware we are currently aware of an overarching outstanding defect with the table element in Act Premium Web that we're currently working on.

As for your first issue regarding the types selector, I am unable to reproduce this particular issue as you have described. I am able to successfully select the individual types (or multiples thereof) without any issue. Tested using Act v18 U6 using Chrome And IE11. See below:

2016-02-17_14-37-00.gif

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

This is definitely still an issue. Is there a free software program available so I can take a video of the sequence and show you how it occurs? I do not get the same results when doing what you're illustrating in the video.

Please let me know, otherwise I can post screen shots.
Administrator

I use the program ShareX to take screenshots and video, although it can be a little complex to set up. You might find Jing easier to use to post videos.

Posting videos of issue reproductions is helpful, but without being able to reproduce it ourselves, or without extra environmental info, there's only so much we can do to help.

Copper Contributor

Fair enough... seems there wouldn't be much value in posting the video then. Just to summarize what I'm getting:

1. Click pull down-down menu to change types of activity history to view.
2. Uncheck one of the boxes
3. Click away from the dropdown menu so that it refreshes bottom pane
4. Resulting bottom-pane window goes completely blank showing no history at all and in the Types dropdown menu, only options are now "ALL" or "NONE" but not as check boxes.

This issue seems consistent with many of the other bottom-pane refresh issues we've been having. This occurs across various web browsers too, not just IE11 but also in Chrome. I'm able to repeat this issue each and every time.

The only way to work-around this issue is that once selecting the checkboxes for the activity types you want to filter/see, you then click on another tab in the contact record such as "Groups/Companies" and then click back to the History tab. Otherwise, the history tab continues to show blank area with no activity types in the pull down menu.
Administrator

Are you able to reproduce this issue on a new demo database?
Does this also occur on other machines?
Copper Contributor

Do you have a demo database and login I can try to see if I can replicate it there?? Let me check with my other users too to see if they are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,
I just tested again on another externally hosted demo DB before sending you the link, and I am able to reproduce the issue here. It's interesting how I still can't replicate on the DB hosted on my machine running update 6. What hotfix/update do you have installed?

I'll write this up and submit the issue for review. Thanks again for your help.

Copper Contributor

Running Act v18 with latest hotfix 6. I too find it a bit puzzling how different machines are experiencing different issues. It certainly makes trouble shooting a challenge but therein lies the growing pains of a web-based app since a lot depends on the browser as well. Hopefully we can get all these little nuances fixed soon as it does take away significantly from the usability and user experience.

Thanks again for following up on these issues.
Bronze Contributor

I am finding several of the issues tied to what people have set as their Popup options. And of course each browser does it differently. Since many of the options that are cool features on the web are popups this makes some sense.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!