Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fields with duplicate information

Copper Contributor

Fields with duplicate information

I am using ACT! 2012 Premium, recently I installed CompanionLink Professional and after I synchronized with my iPhone I found that it had duplicated the data in "Fax Phone" with "Home Phone". How can I clean up this issue?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Fields with duplicate information

If I read this correctly, Home Phone was entered into Fax Phone - so you wish to empty the contents of Fax Phone.

If that is correct, you can remove data from a field for multiple contacts in Sage ACT! by using the Edit > Replace Field option. You can change the 'Fax Phone' value to blank. Perform a lookup of the affected contacts > click Edit > select Replace Field > select 'Fax Phone', leave value blank > click OK. All contacts in the lookup will be updated.

Note: It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your database before making mass changes (File > Back Up > Database).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the response.  In order to do this I need to find all the records where "Fax Phone" and "Home Phone" are the same, then I can delete the "Home Phone" that is a duplicate of teh "Fax Phone".  How can I run a query in ACT! that will show all records where "Fax Phone" and "Home Phone" are teh same?

Platinum Super Contributor

I can't think of a way to get a list of just contacts that have the same Home and Fax numbers, but to get you closer to that list - try the following:

- Go to Contact List view
- Add both Home and Fax fields to the list (Edit > Customize Columns)

Depending on how many are not duplicated, it may be easiest to do a Lookup All Contacts (with Home and Fax columns) > then individually 'omit' the ones that don't match. Leaving a list of contacts that do match.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Any third party software or a way to write an SQL Query that I can use for this issue?