08-30-2017 06:33 AM
I am running ACT Premium v16.0 across a shared database and there are three fields in particular we noticed were not functioning properly. They are "Last Reach", "Last Attempt" and "Last Meeting" and are supposed to pull from the history types documented, but we noticed they aren't always updating, and most recently realized you can't always manually update it.
If I click on the drop down arrow attached to the field to select the date that way, nothing happens. I tried to look at the field settings by going to "Define Field", but those fields are not listed anywhere. If I try to create a new field with those names, it says the field already exists. I looked at the database layout to make sure I was using the correct field name, as opposed to the field label and that isn't the problem either. Does anyone have any ideas for these "ghost" fields?
08-30-2017 06:52 AM
08-30-2017 07:02 AM
These fields are system fields that are not available in 'Define Fields' This is likely to prevent any changes being made to fields that may cause an issue with them. As you mentioned they should work by a history being entered and cannot be manipulated manually by the end user.
We have a few fields that work this way. like in Opportunities we have a few that are not possible to be changed as this can cause issues with the fields and others that they will work from.
If the fields are not updating when history items are entered then i would recommend clicking the Save icon as they will usually only update then or when the contact is changed.
08-30-2017 07:17 AM