Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field list?

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Field list?

I will have a list of contacts to import into Act!, before creating a CSV file for the import I want to make as many columns as possible compatible with the Act! fields into which I want to import the data. Indeed probably I will have to abandon fields which are not compatible. 

Is there a field list (including field details like name, length / type etc) available in Act! ?  

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Field list?

Hi, you can try..  Windows Key + R (RUN) ACTDIAG (Enter) Click OK on the Act! Diagnostics Disclaimer... Databases Menu... Databases Detail List... Mark the desired data database by clicking on the left box (to the left of the Database column) Right click on that same box... Click on Database Reports... try with Field Detail OR Field List to CSV...  Possibly a new file is created on your desktop..

Do not forget to back up your database daily and place a copy of that ZIP file on a USB drive or external disk for more security

Good luck and Best regards...

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Field list?

[ Edited ]

Hi JuanCarlos,

Thanks for your response but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I suppose I could do it manually. 

When I have act fields lets say 1 - 20 

Do I have to have 1-20 fields in my import or can I miss out a few fields if I don't have data for them?

Mark