Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field for # of Contacts within a Company

Field for # of Contacts within a Company

Hello,

We are currently in the process of redesigning out Layout in Act V18 and we are wondering if anyone knows of a field or a way to manipulate a field that will show the # of contacts assigned to a specific company. 

For example if you are looking under the contact tab at a specific contact is there a way to add a box that says a # that is the total of the other contacts also assigned to a company. 

The reason is we have multiple contacts under a given company because some are billing contacts or heads of other departments and if we are acting on a "alarm" it only shows that 1 contact for the specific company so we are looking for another way to see if there might be anyone else we should reach out to.

Thanks

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Field for # of Contacts within a Company

I think you would need to write a code plugin to achieve something like this

For example i have a bit of code that searches the Activities and counts certain types eg: Emails or Meetings, and then puts the figure into a field for later use

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

Really, that's interesting, I can see how that might be useful. 

I have looked at some of the plugin's from Exponenciel and we may add a few of them to the new layout because they will help a lot. 

Like the last history or next schedule activity showing up right in the contacts field, so we (in sales) can see what our activity is without having to scroll through the entire history looking at the e-mails and notes from other departments.

Copper Super Contributor

Depends a lot on your business model and operations plus having a supportive layout helps as well

I have spent a lot of time designing my for my needs along with bits of code to do the tasks i need

Copper Super Contributor

If your interested i would be interested in swapping snap shots of design layouts, see if we can get some ideas of each others

Jason, 

I will keep you posted as things progress I am just getting started with this and right now we are dealing with sketches on paper of how we want it to be laid out. 

Administrator

It's great to see community users offering each other help like this! Thanks for your contributions Jason.

For in-depth customisation, layout design assistance and custom development, you might find it worthwhile working with a Act! Certified Consultant. You can find one local to you at http://acc.act.com