Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field Trigger activates Activity Series twice

Bronze Super Contributor

Field Trigger activates Activity Series twice

I'm having a field trigger on a change to trigger an activity series. Using Sage ACT! Premium 2012 I'm having this trigger twice.

Quite a problem. Anyone else having this occur?

Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an Activity series
2. Create a Contact Date field
3. Set the Activity series created in step 1 to trigger on change of field created in step 2
4. Change the Date field created in step 2
Expected result:
Activity series to trigger once only.
Actual result:
Activity series triggers TWICE, resulting in twice the number of activities scheduled for the contact than there should be.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Field Trigger activates Activity Series twice

It seems this is listed as a defect, number 99276.

Any eta on when this will be resolved for Sage ACT! Premium 2012?

Re: Field Trigger activates Activity Series twice

I too have the same issue - very annoying as it affects every activity series that we have set for contacts.  The problem also affects if we simply want to add more details to an existing activity, again it relaunches the activity trigger.  This can affect up to 18 activity series for each client of one of our  services alone!  The activity series facility is meant to be one of the key features of the CRM.

Surely something  more can be done to fix this problem.  This version was released in September 2011!  Now some 10 months later and no fix!  Really?

What is considered a “medium” timeframe  in this instance.  How do we get this escalated up the tree?