Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field Properties in Reports

Tuned Listener

Field Properties in Reports

Hi All:

I've created a report that uses a custom field of the type "date".  When I view the report, it lists the time and the date.  Note that I did not use the field type "Date/Time".  There doesn't seem to be an option in the properties for the field to list only the date.  Is there a way that I get the value to display without the "time" appended to the date?

Thanks!
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Field Properties in Reports

All date fields in MSSQL have a time component. When used in reports, some of the date fields automatically mask off the time component. If you have a field that is showing the time component in a report, it is possible to write a script to strip off the time component and the show only the date portion. It's not an especially difficult script but the entire process is a bit complex.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your response.  Can you give me a little more information on the script?  Is it in TSQL, C##, etc?

Tuned Listener

For the benefit of anyone else that may have a similar problem, below is the solution

Right click on the field within the report designer and select properties.  Select the tab labeled "Format", and select the correct data type.

I was originally only using the Properties view under the menu commands View/Properties Window from within the report designer.  The above gives you much greater access to the properties of the field.

HTH