Do you mean 

Failure to Export Contact record Documents Tab files to copied DB

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Failure to Export Contact record Documents Tab files to copied DB

Win10 64 bit, ACT! Prem V18.1 Update3

Can someone double check my findings that what I think one should be able to export a Contact records Document Tab of files from source DB into one that was a Save As Copy DB.  I even ran test on Demo2016 to a copy called DemoTest.  Below screen shots of steps and I even tried a few different Contact Merge Options settings.

JM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎06-30-2016 09:29 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Failure to Export Contact record Documents Tab files to copied DB

Try all on left hand size a merge and right hand size as add. If it creates a new record rather than merge (assuming a matching record is in both databases) then are your deduplicating fields set correctly so it will recognise the records a duplicate?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi JM,

If a contact is exported from one database to another, attachments in the documents tab are expected to remain attached to the documents tab in the new contact record. We've tested this in v18.1 and it works as expected for us.

Could you try exporting the contact to a database where the contact doesn't already exist? Do you get the same results?
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎06-30-2016 09:29 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Try all on left hand size a merge and right hand size as add. If it creates a new record rather than merge (assuming a matching record is in both databases) then are your deduplicating fields set correctly so it will recognise the records a duplicate?

JM
Nickel Contributor

Hi Gary,

After I posted this I dug deeper noticed in my work DB I had created at some point in time when doing the Save As Empty Copy DB ect.. a second Contact record which I guess had the files in Documents Tab.  I say think because when I manually added files to one of the Contact record I then had in attachments folder duplicates.  So I figured out which one was the actual User Record and deleted the other one and cleaned up manual the files.

ch1p,

As suggested I tried it with the Demo 2016 DB creating a Save As Empty Copy TestDemo.

I opened it then went back into Demo 2016 and noticed its Duplicate Checking was Enabled and by record type Contact unlike in my DB its unchecked.

I then did lookup for Chris Huffman added a file in Documents then did export into TestDemo.

Results I followed ch1p settings and with Dup check on the file got exported and I did not have any duplicate contacts, history, ect..

Thank you both for pointing out what I was not sure how to set the Export Contact settings.

JM

Bronze Elite Contributor

Glad that worked. Please could you mark Garry or my answer as a solution if you are happy it is now all working. Thanks