Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failure Adding Attachment to Notes

Failure Adding Attachment to Notes

Hello all,

I have another question regarding ACT -- I have never used it before, we don't "officially" support it for our users yet...we first got licensed now so we can officially support it for a small remote site, so while I am installing and learning I have a question regarding an issue someone is havingin the interim:

The client / server environment consists of the users running ACT! Premium 9.0 STwith the .pad database hosted by a server running Server 2003 and MS SQL 2005 Standard. Connectivity to the database is fine.

What happens, is the user opens up a record under Companies, and tries attaching a document but receives an error. For example, the user tries to attach a .pdf to a record and then tries to click OK to save it, but the error received is:

Error - Note changes could not be saved. One or more of the Contacts or Associations may have been deleted, or this note may have been deleted.

The strange part is, no other users are having this issue and the issue for him is random. Sometimes it will accept attachments, othertimes it will not. Is there some troubleshooting flow I could follow for something like this or is it a Layer 8 issue?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Failure Adding Attachment to Notes

Just an update...this issue only occurs on one PC. If another user signs into the problematic one, she can't attach documents to a note either; same error. If he goes to a known working PC (hers), he can attach documents to notes.

They are all working off the same database  hosted by a SQL server. Does ACT still install a local DB instance anyway that may cause issues?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Failure Adding Attachment to Notes