Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to synchronise with the server. Synchronisation failed due to server log problems.

Failed to synchronise with the server. Synchronisation failed due to server log problems.

Hello everyone,

(Using ACT! premium 2009, XP Pro)

I have a laptop using VPN to connect remotely to the local network. Everything works, Outlook exchange, access to drives etc...

But for some reason the synchronisation with the main ACT! database doesn't work anymore, the process starts but suddenly stops with this error message:

'Failed to syncrhonise with the server. Synchronisation failed due to server log problems. Contact your administrator for assistance'

I tried to get logs on the server side to see what was the problem, here is what I get :

======== SYNC SESSION - 20/11/2009 16:29:07 ========

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:07 ]Message: Synchronization started.

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:07 ]Message: Server object created.

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:10 ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:23 ]Message: Server establishing synchronization with remote database: CDVZGR

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:23 ]Message: Server generated remote sync session identifier: 4a832ba7-5534-4fda-9442-c8c4413e133f:<CDVZGR>

[ Info | 20/11/2009 16:29:33 ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.

and nothing more, the process stops by itself it seems.

I tried to ping the machine hosting act from the remote computer, it works. I also checked the sync server connection parameters, they re ok.

I did not find anything about this error on customer support website.

Maybe someone can help me with this ? Thank you very much

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Failed to synchronise with the server. Synchronisation failed due to server log problems.

Hello adounay,

This may be an issue writing to or accessing the SYNCLOG.XML file where sync activity is recorded on the server. The file may be damaged, missing or there may be a permissions issue. Try this:

- Stop the sync service on the server

- Browse to C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows 11

- Locate the SYNCLOG.XML file and rename it with the extension ".old"

- Restart the sync service and test sync

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Failed to synchronise with the server. Synchronisation failed due to server log problems.

Hi Greig

I am having the same error message on a 2008 server with ACT Premium 2012  (WEB) Version 14.1.108.0  with SQL ST

Same error on 2 machines syncing to the server.

Can you tell me where this file will be found and is there a size limit as the DB is 6GB +