Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Copper Contributor

Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database.

I've read posts on this subject, but I still can't my Laptop to create a remote database. I'm running Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5 on both computers. The Remote Synchronization is created successfully on the Host PC, but the Subject error message persists. Help!
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Possibly you find the answer in the procedure of this article...  (There may be a database with the same name)

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13657

These images and procedure are the user's computer with remote database (Not on the server)

2.png...

3.png...

Identify the location of the database

in case you want to delete the files of that database after making the DETACH

4.png...

5A.png...

This allows you to restore the database again (even if it has the same name) and I suggest that the location to be restored is:  C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases

PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC
customercare@praxisol.com
Administrator

Re: Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Did you find a resolution Ricky? 

What error message are you getting?

Copper Contributor

No, the problem still exists. The message I'm getting is "Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database." the Port is 65100
Administrator

Sounds like the SQL instance on that PC isn't working correctly.

Are you able to create a new blank database on that remote PC?
Copper Contributor

I created a blank database on the Host PC and was able to sync (create) a RDB on the remote PC. I was also able to create a new blank database on the remote PC. Now what?
Administrator

Have you tried simply recreating the remote from the original database?
If it errors again, run database maintenance (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair) on the HOST db. Then try recreating the RDB again.