Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to create view Act.UI.IContactDetailView

Failed to create view Act.UI.IContactDetailView

Hi, I'm unable to open Act because of this error on one session host in an RDS deployment but not the other. They have the same version of ACT and the database is hosted on a separate server. 

The log shows "Error Exception: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes" then "Failed to create view Act.UI.IContactDetailView.: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have searched but other seem to have only come across this error in report writing where I'm actually prevented from opening Act because of this.

The closest I can find is http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30564/kw/Failed%20to%20create%20view but copying config files from the working server doesn't resolve the issue.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Failed to create view Act.UI.IContactDetailView

Sounds like a corrupt database.  I would try creating a new database and see if that worked.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Hi wellmet, thanks for replying. The database is perfectly fine and currently being used via another session host in the RDS deployment.

Silver Super Contributor

I suspect the database is corrupt and that the user that you are trying to log in as using the other RDS deployment's record is corrupt.  Try logging in as the first user in the second deployment.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Try deleting your local preferences from actdiag by clicking tools > delete preferences file.

Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
www.keystroke.ca

Hi Ahsan, thanks for replying. Deleting the local preferences doesn't seem to have changed anything. I made certain the only 'Act' process was ActDiag itself.

Hi wellmet, I am testing with my user login on three different servers and can absolutely assure you the database is not corrupt.
Silver Super Contributor

If it always fails on one RDS deployment but not on the other then I would uninstall and reinstall Act! on that RDS.

Stan 

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Reinstalling didn't change anything but it looks like Act doesn't uninstall itself fully so there's likely no way to to get this working again. I'm not happy that this is going to need a completely new server set up just to get this CRM working.

Administrator

We have Knowledgebase articles that go into detail on manually removing Act completely: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/list/kw/manually%20remove/search/1
You might find these useful.