Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to create remote database issue

Copper Contributor

Failed to create remote database issue

I am getting a "Failed to create remote database <database_name>. The system cannot find the file specified. Please contact your administrator" message.  I have read the Knowledgebase articles which tells me that that I should be creating the remote database on the PC hosting the database which I am & I am trying to save the remote database onto a local drive.  I noticed uder the Database Information in Help/About Act! that the Supplemental files are located at \\Server\Database Files which is a local folder.  Should this be changed to E:\Data\Act!\Database\Database Files which is the same location, which the other locations are.  If this is the case then how do I change this?  Thanks

Tony

Re: Failed to create remote database issue

Hello Tony,

Were you able to create a remote database before?  Try unsharing the database first, then attempt to create a remote.

Copper Contributor

Re: Failed to create remote database issue

Hi David

A little backround:  I recently moved the server database from one server to another.  It was synching ok before the move.  I transferred the database by backup & restore which I later found out was not the way to do it to preserve sync settings.   I am now trying to recreate the remote databases.  Thanks

Tony