Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to create remote database error

Tuned Listener

Failed to create remote database error

Hello everyone:

In trying to set up a remote database, I'm getting an error.  I've tried this both on clients using vista and xp and am receiving the same error:

"Failed to create remote database "remotedatabasename".  Access to the path.................  is denied.  Please contact the adminstrator for more help.  Would you like to create another database?"

In Vista, UAC is off and I'm running the program as an adminstrator.  In xp, I also have admin rights.  The article in the knowledgebase has this exact message, but the solution is related to admin rights.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Tuned Listener

Re: Failed to create remote database error

Apparently, you have to be on the server to initiate the creation of a remote db.  I was trying to do this from client while connected to the server as an administrator. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm receiving the same error too, but I _am_ creating the remote database from the Act server. What else could be wrong? ---scott
pwk

I'm getting the same message. I'm creating the database on the same box...not trying to place it on a networked box.
Tuned Listener

This error message almost indicates a security/permissions error.  Although it wasn't in my case.  I tried to create a copy of the database while remoted in to the server, and received a similar sort of message.  Perhaps, you cannot copy or create remote dbs in certain directories, even though you are on the same box?

For whatever it's worth, I think ACT should have a better error message for this error.  In Lotus Notes, you can create a replica from the client to the server and vica versa, so I didn't consider the option that you have to start at the server.  I didn't find anywhere in ACT's documentation that you have to do this from the server. 

To Scott and pwk,

There are a number of different errors starting with "Failed to create remote database"...

Can you confirm that what follows is the same for both of you?

If it's the Access to Path error, it usually means you need to be logged into Windows as a Windows local administrator

Yes, it was error "Failed to create remote database "remotedatabasename". Access to the path................. is denied." as described above. And I am using a local administrator account, too. ???

scott8035 wrote:
Yes, it was error "Failed to create remote database "remotedatabasename". Access to the path................. is denied." as described above. And I am using a local administrator account, too. ???

What operating system?

Vista Home Premium.

GLComputing wrote:

scott8035 wrote: Yes, it was error "Failed to create remote database "remotedatabasename". Access to the path................. is denied." as described above. And I am using a local administrator account, too. ???
What operating system?