Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to Synchronise

Failed to Synchronise

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help, was there a fix found for this issue? We are getting an error on all our remote databases apart from one (the other one just times out), when we go to synchronise an error comes up at the end of databse modifications saying

Failed to Synchronize with the server. Server Error Description: Incorrect syntax near '*'. Contact your administrator for assistance.

We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Failed to Synchronise

Hello jonny138,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Is this the complete error message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes, unfortunately that is all that is displayed which is what is so puzzling.

Have you run maintenance (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair) on the main database and remote databases? Do you get the error if you create a new remote database and then attempt to sync it?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes I have ran check and repair which was unable to resolve the error, I have also gone through actdiag with our support guys and repaired database through there, also created a new test database and the new test remote db will not sync either.

I believe I have seen this is an issue in ACT! 2009 - has to do with the size of your database file. The threshold was around 2.5 to 2.8 GB. You can try removing old data from your main database, re-indexing, then creating a new remote. For instructions on how to remove old data, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1416...

Before removing old data, ensure you have also cleared or erased any old uncleared activities/calendar items. Do the re-index from ACTDiag after the removal and note the change in size of the database in ACTDiag.

Please note that this issue was resolved in ACT! 2011, which uses a newer version of SQL Server.

Greig Hollister