Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to Create Remote Database....Access to the path is denied

Failed to Create Remote Database....Access to the path is denied

I am using ACT! 2009 Premium on a windows 7 Professional Host PC.  I am attempting to create a remote database but get the following error message: "Failed to create remote database...access to the path is denied.  I am the ONLY user of this operating system on this PC and have verified I am the administrator of the host PC.  This is the first remote database that I have attempted to create.  I am attempting to synchronize through the internet.  I have IIS version 6 via the operating system windows 7 Professional edition.  I have a static service through www.no-ip.com .  I have installed the internet sync software from the ACT! CD.  I have checked on ACT>TOOLS>DATABASE MAINTENANCE but the "share database" is greyed out so I cannot uncheck it as a possible solution.  I have already edited the syncconfigfile.xml to reflect the database and host PC involved.

Please any help here would be greatly appreciated -- thanks!

Silver Contributor

Re: Failed to Create Remote Database....Access to the path is denied

Your problems are all permissions related, and I'm afraid your problem is Windows 7. It is not a supported operating system for your version of ACT!.  Because it allocates file space permissions differently that other operating systems, this may be your problem.  You may try turning off UAC, but I don't think this will help.  Upgrading to ACT 2010 will solve the problem

http://www.act.com/2009/system/

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Super Contributor

While Act! 2009 is not supported on a Windows7 OS, you should be able to create (and use) a remote database.  As Jon recommended, disabling UAC may resolve this issue.  If you are unfamiliar with UAC, you can also try the following: close Act! > right click on the Act! icon > select 'Run As Administrator'.  This will give the program more authority. 

What was the path/location you were attempting to save the remote (RDB) file to?  Have you tried any other locations?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Act 2009 Hotfix 4,  Win7 32bit

After right-clicking and logging in as Administrator, I was able to create two Remote DBs.

Thanks for the tip.

- Mike