Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Extremely Lacking in Mobile Integration With Act and Emails/Calendar etc.

Copper Contributor

Extremely Lacking in Mobile Integration With Act and Emails/Calendar etc.

Hi,

I'm currently using Act v17 and the integration with Outlook on the desktop environment is pretty good, especially since implelmenting the Outlook IntegrateR1 add-in which I find much better than the built-in Act add-ins for Outlook.

Where I'm really struggling is being able to be equally productive on my mobile devices.  I use Handheld Contact and all of the mobile applications or software solutions out there are extremely lacking.  For example, there's no way to accept event invitations in an email on a mobile device and have it added to my Act calendar in HHC or any other solution available to us.

The above is just one example.  Ideally, it would be nice nice if there was much better integration between emails and calendars on a mobile device and the Act calendar and history tracking.  I realize you can create a new email from HHC and have it tracked, but if I'm replying to an existing email that was sent and want to track that history, I have to wait until I get back to my desktop computer, go into the SEND folder and then record the email into the contact record's history.

I spoke recently with the developers of HHC and they indicate that a complete overhaul and new version will be launched later this year but I'm not holding my breath.  It's shocking to me that HHC still looks like an iOS 6 application.

I'm also wondering if I should have gone with a different CRM that better integrates with mobile devices.  Does Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce or any other provider allow us to better integrate with mobile email, calendar and contact apps? 

Thanks