Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting uploaded documents

Exporting uploaded documents

Trying to export uploaded documents files to Include in our doc mgmt system. Can this be done from ACT or is there a way to export directly from SQL? Are they stored as blobs in the DB?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting uploaded documents

Hello, If the version of Act! Premium is installed on Windows and the database is on your computer or server, the DOCUMENTS are locally and from this location you can upload the files to your Document Manager.

1.png

If your database is local - so you can know the location of these files (On the Server or Computer with the database)

2.png

To avoid any problem, I suggest there is a backup of your database DAILY

FILE - BACKUP - DATABASE - Include the attachments and make this backup in a FOLDER created for this backup - Additionally, copy this ZIP file to a USB Memory Stick or External Disk in case... the hard disk of your computer or server is damaged

... Best regards and good luck

FIRMA.png

PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC (CRM and FSM Solutions)
contactus@praxisol.com
customercare@praxisol.com
https://www.praxisol.com/solutions

Re: Exporting uploaded documents

Thank you.  I found the documents like you described.  To get these into the new system and link them to the contacts coming out of ACT!, how do I export the contents of the Customer-Documents tab?  Basically I just need Contact & the path\filename for each document.  Is there a way to get to that Contact/Documents relationship?