Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting to Excel Grayed out only if you have columns with check boxes

Tuned Listener

Exporting to Excel Grayed out only if you have columns with check boxes

I do not know if anyone else has this issue but we are not able to export to excel ONLY when we have columns that are in the check box format.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there a fix?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Cheryl

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Exporting to Excel Grayed out only if you have columns with check boxes

Hello Cheryl,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

If you have ACT! 2011 v13.0 installed (check using Help > About ACT!), you can resolve this issue by applying the Service Pack 1 update.  The following article has instructions for downloading and applying the SP1 update: KB Article 27290.  This update will need to be applied to each computer that has ACT! installed.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.  I did just apply that update and still have the same issue.

Cheryl

It could be that the ACT! Preferences remained corrupted after applying the Hotfix.  Try going to the Contact List and use the Customize Columns option 'Reset'.  After resetting the columns to default, close the database and then reopen and customize your columns, then test. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hi Greg,

I did that and it did not work.  This is the what happens:

If you add a column with a checkbox – it will allow you to export once.   Once you get out and go back in the icon is grayed out.  The only way you can get it to not be grayed out is when you do a lookup ALL contacts and then you can take the column with the checkbox out and restart ACT and the icon is there.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I'm trying to recreate the situation you are describing... can you provide some additional detail?

- perform Lookup (or leave Lookup All)

- Contact List view > add Yes/No field > allows Export.

- Get out and go back in:

> are you going to different screens within ACT! (ex: Task List, Detail view)? 

> or exiting ACT! completely?

- Lookup All > you can take out the yes/no column: If you do not perform a Lookup All - do you get an error message accessing Customize Columns?  If yes, what is the error?

Is this a shared database?  If yes, was the Hotfix applied to the host machine also?

If this is a shared database, is anyone else having this same issue?

If you create a new database or open the demo, can you recreate the problem?

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hi Greg,

I just did the same thing in the demo database and it is the same scenario.

Perform Lookup - add a column with a checkbox for the field.

Completely exit ACT - go back in - perform same lookup and the export field is grayed out.

When you try to change the columns to remove the field with a checkbox it gives an error "Unablet o cast object of type 'Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.FacadeBoolPropertyDescriptior' to type

'Act.Framwork.MutableEntites.MutableEntityFieldDescirptor'

The only way we can edit the columns to take the field with a checkbox is to lookup ALL contacts and then it lets us modify the columns.