Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting to Another ACT! 2008 Premium database

Exporting to Another ACT! 2008 Premium database

I am having issues with one of my database users not being able to export contacts from one database into another. I have provided as much background info as possible. At the user's workstation, the user completes all steps of the Export Wizard, but the exported contacts never arrive in the destination database.

• The user is assigned the Manager role in both databases. 
  • No error messages are displayed at the user's workstation when performing the export.
  • The Contact Merge Options are set correctly.
  • When I log into ACT! with the user's credentials on my workstation, I am successful with the export.
  • All pertinent settings within ACT! match on both workstations.
  • The databases are shared on a network drive.
Now would system differences be the cause of the user not being able to export on his own workstation? On my workstation I have ACT! installed with SQL Express and on the user's workstation is ACT! installed without SQL Express (to free up resources). When trying to export, we are only exporting 2 contacts so we assume the failure can not be due to system overload.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Exporting to Another ACT! 2008 Premium database

Check the Duplicate Checking settings in TOOLS > Preferences.  

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Disabling Duplicate Checking did not fix the issue. I don't think duplicates are the problem anyway because I know the contacts to be exported are not yet in the destination database. 

I uninstalled ACT! from the user's PC and reinstalled it, this time with SQL, which resolved the issue. So to answer my own question, SQL is needed in order to export/import between databases.