Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting opportunity list leaves out "Product"

Copper Contributor

Exporting opportunity list leaves out "Product"

I have Act Premium for web, V 18.1.108.0   Running on Windows 10. We have a custom product list drop-down menu used to create opportunities. When I try to export opportunity list (completed ones  to archive) the product does not show up. There is a header for product in the XL spreadsheet, but no data.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting opportunity list leaves out "Product"

Working as designed. Excel is a flat file. the products in ACT! are in a separate table from the opportunities. In the opportunity list the product table is linked to the opportunity table to show one of the products for the opportunity but when the opportunity list is exported to Excel, only the opportunity table items are exported. A report is able to show both the opportunity items and the associated products.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Administrator

Hi M Tyson,

I'm not sure what you mean by "We have a custom product list drop-down menu used to create opportunities".

I have added the regular Product field to the Opportunities list view though Customise Columns (1), and then exported the list using the Export Current List to Excel button (2). The Product column is correctly exported to Excel.

Act!_2016-09-07_17-52-27.png

EXCEL_2016-09-07_17-47-53.png

Are these the same steps you are taking?

Copper Contributor

Well, going at it that way the product shows up, not sure what I was doing differently before.

We edited the Add/Edit  product dialog box with a drop down of our products. See clip " dialog box".This wouldn't show up in the XL sheet the last time I tried this. 

The Item # field is filled in manually. See clip "item field" How can I get this to show up in the list view in order to export to XL? I don't see "Item Number" in the  Customize Columns Dialog. See clip : "Columns".

for archiving purposes, the Product name is useless without "Item Number". Am I overlooking something?

Thanks

Administrator

Hi M Tyson,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to bring product item info into the list view. You will need to use a report for this level of detail.
Try the "Opportunities by Product" report.