Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting details from 1 act database to another

Exporting details from 1 act database to another

Hi

I have 2 act databases 1 for prospects & 1 for customers . I am trying to export a contact that is on prospects but now become a customer - I keep getting the error message "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name; length" Can anyone help please?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Exporting details from 1 act database to another

Hello Coolcoolers,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

First you'll want to verify if the issue is with the particular contact. Have you tried exporting a different contact?
Create a new contact, something like 'Test Name', and export it to the customer database.

You can also try running 'Check and Repair' on both databases through the Tools > Database Maintenance option.
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Thanks for that but it still gets stuck on the same bit - next idea please

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

we are currently working on a Service that monitors the database, and when ever a contact is droped into a specific group, the contact & History, Activity (optional) is created in a second database, and will be (optional) deleted in the first.

If this is what you are looking for, pls contact me under +44 203-0269402

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Are you able to export a test contact from the demo database (or create a new test database)?

Also test exporting to the demo/test database.  Is that successful?   

The idea is to determine which database has the issue, the source or the target.

Greg Martin
Sage

I can export from the the Demo to my customer database, but have different problems on mapping stage if I try to go from my prospects to the demo! - making some progress!! next idea please

Unfortunately I believe there is an issue with the source database... Can you elaborate on the 'mapping stage' problem?
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi

I specify the destination, select current record, then in 4 of 6 i am selecting the address & clicking on the arrow so it says 1 of 1 then in 5 of 6 I am selecting include attachments as well as already selected Include other users public activites, then on 6 of 6 it says This export cannot be compleated click details for more infomation when I do this it says Length cannot be less than zero Parameter name : length   & then I have to cancel as I can t go any further