03-24-2011 12:25 PM
Is it possible to look up and/or export contacts of several groups at once? We would like to create a mailing list of several different groups. Is there a way to query these groups and then create one contact look-up?
Thank you for your help,
03-25-2011 08:44 AM
You can try creating an Advanced Query (using the AND parameter) that encompasses the members from all the group. This may be hit or miss, as you would need to define criteria that captures all the desired contacts. Another method, would be to create a new group for the export, then lookup the contacts in each of the groups you want to export, and then add them to the new group. You can then export that group.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
03-25-2011 12:06 PM
Probably the simplest way unless you are savvy with the advanced query builder is this:
1) Create a new group, knowing that it is just temporary for the purpose of your export.
2) Go to the first group you want to include in the export. In the contact tab list right click and choose "Create Lookup". This will put that entire groups contacts in the Contact List view.
3) At the top of the Contact list view, click "Tag All".
4) Right click in the list of now all highligthed contacts and select "Add Contacts To Group". Select your group that you created in step #1.
5) Repeat Steps #2 through #4 for as many more groups as you need.
6) When all contacts have been added, go to the Temporary Export Group created in Step #1. In the Contacts tab, right click on the list and choose "Create Lookup".
7) Run your export being sure to select "Current Lookup" for the contacts to be exported.
There you go! Takes longer to explain than to actually do.