Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting all contacts within a list of companies

Tuned Listener

Exporting all contacts within a list of companies

After researching this for some time, I am completely lost if this is something I can even do.

I did a lookup of Companies, and pulled a specific Company Type I have in my database--in this case Consultants.  From this specific company list, I would like to export all of the contacts within these companies.  Some of them might have one contact, others have more than 10.

The only way I was sort've able to do this was by pulling a Company Membership report, but this just gives me company directory as opposed to usable data in an excel spreadsheet.  I need this list to complete a mailing that will need to not only go to these companies, but the multiple specific contacts within those companies.  Is there any easy way to do this? I am using ACT! Premium.

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Re: Exporting all contacts within a list of companies

You will need to create a lookup from the company.  This can only be done one company at a time.  There are a couple ways to lookup contacts within a company.  Within the Company Detail view, select the company you want to lookup. 

Right click the company name on the left side and select create lookup,

Go to Companies > Create Lookup, or

Click the magnifying glass on the toolbar. 

Whatever way you prefer will get the same results.

Tuned Listener

I'll put it out there right away that I don't have anything constructive to add on topic, but I wish this would get addressed.  I personally find that this makes companies relatively useless.

It means that if you want to classify Companies by industry and then send an e-blast to all those companies that match the criteria you can't pull the contact list unless you want to do it one company at a time.  That is ridiculous. 

If anyone has a solution to this I believe it could change the way ACT could be used and make it a much more effective sales and marketing tool.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello sbyrne,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Communiy. Here's a suggestion using your example. If you classified companies by industry, then I assume you used used a field to indicate what industry they are in. You could add that field as a Contact field and link the fields together. You could then do a lookup of that linked contact field and send the email blast to the resulting list. There is usually a way to get a list of contacts you need by using groups, companies, or just a field or two.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Actually Greig.... that could be a very do-able solution.  I appreciate the feedback as I believe it will be very helpful.

Scott