Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting a list with excel option in ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Exporting a list with excel option in ACT

I select all my customers in the list and I do an export option in ACT, see what I receive a message error, what is the solution to correct this. On the computer I have Office 2019 Pro installed and ACT Premium 18 version.

screenshot-community.act.com-2019.02.22-13-37-51.png

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author infoconceptlc
‎03-05-2019 01:04 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Exporting a list with excel option in ACT

[ Edited ]

I dont want to click.....to be sure I dont lost the fields.... what will happen if I click YES ?

https://www.useloom.com/share/d6f8cf2941dc4d1cb108a626a04a145a

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Hello,

Office 2019 is not compatible with older Act! version 18
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767/kw/compatibility%20matrix

Additionally, Act needs to be installed after Microsoft Office if that is the case.

You can try an Office Quick repair if comfortable or consult your IT:

-Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
-Double-click Programs and Features.
-Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
-Select Quick Repair, and then click Repair. You may have to restart your computer after the repair process is complete.

Don't forgot File > Backup prior to any changes to Ac! software.

-Carl

Act! support!

Growth made easy.
CRM built for small business success.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I have installed before but I have uninstalled and reinstall after but again de 2019 not the Office 365.... 

I just install the 2016 version and the problem are the same.

Silver Contributor

Looks like you have ended up with a mix of registry keys so you would need to uninstall ACT and all versions of office, then install Office 2016 followed by ACT.

An alternative to get you data out is to use the export option under file in ACT.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

what is the difference between

1. current record and current lookup ?

2. comma or tabulation ?

with one can i export ONLY the email field ?

I did  oth optikn but tbey export several fields... i just need email field... i selected only thjs field but they export name phone adress etc...

Silver Contributor

Current Record is the one you are looking at on screen when starting the export process.

Current lookup is any number of records you have after doing a lookup or all the records if you have not done a lookup.

If you are getting more fields than you want just take the easy route and delete the columns you don't want once in Excel.

Comma delimited is a standard export where a comma is used to separate the columns and you can then open in Excel using comma delimited option. Be aware this is not a good option if the data already has commas in it.

Tab is a better way to export in my opinion as you will get less errors when opening as a text document in Excel

Regarding ACT and Excel it maybe the ACT add-in has become disabled so read up on Excel Com add-ins. link below -

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-or-remove-add-ins-in-Excel-0af570c4-5cf3-4fa9-9b88-4036...

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK I did it LOL, last question how can I do a action events ONCE for ALL the customers I sent an email instead doing one be one.

Silver Contributor

As you exported your data I assume you did not use ACT to send the emails.

If you can identify all the records in ACT that you emailed, look them up and in List View click click Tag All.

Now go to Schedule and create the action you want. Make sure you click the Create Separate Activity for Each Contact box.

Be aware that if you have a large number of contacts this going to take some time and computer resources.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok work !!!  but how i make this action done (completed, checked) for all this customer once in the same time i create the action ?

Silver Contributor

To clear multiple Activities -

Go to the task list and highlight all the activities you want to mark as completed

Right click and select Clear Multiple Activities

Tick Completed and also Add to History

Click OK