Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting a data base from Act Premium 2008 to Microsoft Outlook Contact Manager

Exporting a data base from Act Premium 2008 to Microsoft Outlook Contact Manager

I am trying to export one of my data bases in Act Premium into Microsoft Outlook Contact Manager. I would also like to transfer my activity, history & notes files.
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Exporting a data base from Act Premium 2008 to Microsoft Outlook Contact Manager

From the Act! program, there is only the ability to export the field data using the File > Export > Text Delimited option.  This will create a file that can be used to import into other programs.  There is no ability in Act! 2008 to export Notes, Histories, and Activities (except to another Act! database). 

You may want to review the Act! add-ons that are available with import/export functionality and see if one will meet your needs.  Add-ons can be found at:

Act! Add-ons

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting a data base from Act Premium 2008 to Microsoft Outlook Contact Manager

If you want to get most of your data, I'd speak to Lon at http://www.pinpointtools.com/

BCM isn't really designed to handle all the functionality in ACT!, so it's best to get an expert to look at your data structure and do it properly