Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Reports to Excel

Exporting Reports to Excel

Hi all,

I'm a new user to Act and looking for advice on exporting Reports into Excel. The company I've recently joined use Act! Premium v20.1.120 (update 8) and Microsoft Office Standard 2013, with Windows 7 Professional.

The company use complex spreadsheets for sales forecasting, and have only recently started using Act! to log opportunities etc. The idea is to reduce manual workload of copying opportunity details into a spreadsheet, and instead running a report in Act that can be saved easily as a spreadsheet (without copy / paste etc.).

Is this possible in Act Premium? I've seen other posts about this, but the links with answers don't work so I can't see if this can actually be done. If not straight from Act, is there an add in that can be used instead? My previous company used SAP Business One with Crystal Reports.

My second question is....can you create your own report in Act? Or again, is this something you need an add in for?

Any help would be much appreciated - thank you!

Employee

Re: Exporting Reports to Excel

Hello,

Quick option is the Export to Excel as shown below (add columns if needed):

2019-10-09_1314.png

Carl Mag
Act! support

Thanks Carl - but is that just to export the whole opportunity list? As there's specific data that needs to be exported. I've created / edited a report to bring in the info I need, but I can only save it as PDF / txt / RTF?

Thanks for your help

Nickel Super Contributor

it will export what is in the opportunity list at the time when you export it. So if you have filtered down the list it will be the ones you want, not all the opportunities in the database.

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to include what has been edited in an Opportunity? i.e. we want to be able to see any opportunities that have changed over the past week (value, probability changes, closed, new etc.) so we can easily review the info. 

Silver Contributor

Any of those changes should also update the edit date field in opportunities so you could do a search via that field and also include in your export list.

Nickel Super Contributor

you could to a lookuup on the edit date and use a lookup on the Edit date field and use the Operatot of "Within Last [days]" and then enter 7 for the numberedit date.JPG