Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Act to another Act database. Activities not transferring

Copper Contributor

Exporting Act to another Act database. Activities not transferring

Using Act 2012 Premium.  I am transferring Act data from 1 database to another as the original database is corrupt.  I reported this issue in a previous post where I get the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to create a coimpany from contact.  No one was able to give a solution to this so I created a new database from scratch, added the users making sure their names, usernames, security roles & logon status was the same.  I then exported the data from the corrupt database to the new one with Include other users public activities ticked.  In the merge options I had replace with source where source record match destination records & had Add where source records do not match destination records

I had confirm each match which should have happened 14 times (the number of active & inactive users in the new database) but it only happened twice.  The other users were duplicated.  Company names & contact names are exactly the same.  Why were these users duplicated?

No pending activities came accross but the history & notes did.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Tony.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Exporting Act to another Act database. Activities not transferring

I woudl be look at the original and if it is corrupted then it is possible the export/import does not work correctly either. My experience is that "object reference type errors are often a problem with .NET

Have you tried to reindex the database?

Detach and reattach in ACTdiag?

Do you have the latest update for the version you are running?

When transferring did you export the user details first rather than setup from scratch as I have found this is the only method that can be used.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Exporting Act to another Act database. Activities not transferring

I have rebuilt the database using the rebuild option in Act & Actdiag & detaached & reattached the database.  An indication that the database is corrupt is that I cannot export contacts in the current lookup.  When this is selected it will either export the Current record or All records depending on what was selected last.  So I could not export users only first.  I guess I could export user records one at a time but there are 20 active & inactive users. 

Yes, we are running the latest version of Act: 14.1.108.0

Tony