Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export to Excel

Export to Excel

Hi,

I have one of our customers tell me they have lost some degree functionality inside ACT 2008.

He tells me that he used to be able to click on File then Export and export details he selects to an Excel file, now he tells me that the Export option is greyed out. I have given him all the permissions I can find inside ACT but he still cannot do it.

He is using an offline database but I cannot see this making any difference to what options he has, can anyone help?

Thanks

Alamb200

Nickel Contributor

Re: Export to Excel

Export to Excel is a specific permission that works equally well on a shared database and RDB.

You might want to check if his permissions got changed on the central database file, thus removing that permission from his RDB file when he synced and updated his user info.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

You might check this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6xh4no

Also check that the user has the Export to Excel premission in Tools | Define Users

Hi

Thanks for your replies, I have checked and he is a Standard user and he does have Admin rights on to his pc so should be okay as far as that goes.

I could not find the Define Users option iside the Tools menu, is this the manage users bit, I have logged on as the administrator and gone to tools and Export to Excel is greyed out for me as well.

Please help?

Anthony

Platinum Elite Contributor

I thought that was what you mean't, I had already given the user all the permissions available but it made no difference.

Anthony

Has any one got any other ideas I can try?

The option is greyed out for the administrator as well.

Thanks

Anthony

Nickel Contributor

The answer may lie with a Microsoft Update.

Please read the following Knowledge Base article (21680)

Here is the section of that Article which relates to Excel, where the Excel menu option in ACT is not available.

For Excel:

1. Close Excel.
  2. Click the Windows Start button, and then click the Run option. The Run dialog box appears.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK. The Windows Registry Editor launches.
  4. Browse to the following key:
    HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\ACT7.OfficeAddin.

5. Right-click the LoadBehavior value from the right pane, and then click the Modify option from the shortcut menu. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.

6. The Value Data should be set to 3. If not, change the Value data to 3, and then click OK.
  7. Browse to the following key:
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\ACT7.OfficeAddin.
  8. Right-click the LoadBehavior value from the right pane, and then click the Modify option from the shortcut menu. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
  9. The Value Data should be set to 3. If not, change the Value data to 3, and then click OK.
  10. Close the Windows Registry Editor.

Good Luck.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca