Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export to Excel greyed out in ACT! by Sage Premium 2008

Export to Excel greyed out in ACT! by Sage Premium 2008

I am using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) and want to export the certain group lists to Excel 2007, but the 'Export to Excel' button is greyed out. I have administrative permission to export to excel. Is there a way to make this work?

Re: Export to Excel greyed out in ACT! by Sage Premium 2008

What OS are you using?  Was ACT! installed before or after Office 2007? 

I am using Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, and I installed the remote database after microsoft office 2007 was already on this machine.
Copper Super Contributor

I think David wants to know if ACT itself was installed prior to Office 2007.  The ACT Install and Remote Database Deployment are two different steps.  The Excel option typically gets greyed out when ACT doesn't recognize Excel on the laptop.  This sometimes happens when Office is installed after ACT.

However, the most likely reason is that you are viewing a part of ACT that cannot be exported to Excel.  I have Excel with 2009, but the option to export to Excel is greyed out right now.   That's because I'm viewing an individual contact.  However, once I switch the the Contact List, the Export to Excel option is available.  So let us know exactly where you are at within ACT when you see the option greyed out.

Try running ACT! as administrator or disable UAC.

Run ACT! As the Administrator

1. Right-click on the ACT! Icon and select Run as administrator.

Disable User Account Control (UAC) 

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®