Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export takes forever

Copper Contributor

Export takes forever

I am using Act10.0 Premium and exporting my users over to a new copy of the database which is empty and it has been running almost 2 hrs already. I am only exporting 16 records with hardly any notes. Why does it take so long and how long will it take to do rest of the 34,000 records?
Bronze Contributor

Re: Export takes forever

Why not do this by doing a file Save copy As and yes doing it via your method it takes a long time to write all of the notes and history. You should also be aware that it is my experience that doing it via this method there is some data loss so I would like to understand why you want to do this before suggesting the best method.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

The currrent database keeps getting netruntime errors and kicks us out of act so it was suggested to creat a copy of database and dump everyting in.
Nickel Contributor

It's possible that you have a .NET issue, in which case Sage has a .NT removal utility which you can try and then re-install.

Failing that, use the ACTDiag utility to run all the rebuilds, and the detach the database.

Once that is completed, delete the PAD file and use ACT! to open the ADF file. By doing so ACT! will verify the database and fix MANY common database errors (many more than I previously suspected possible!).

You may find afterwards that some of the procedures that use to give you trouble now work error free.

Good luck.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca