Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export contact info and activities to Act!?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Export contact info and activities to Act!?

Hi everyone,

From our website we get an email with a contact's information. Is there a way to export this information directly to Act!, as well as create an activity for a user to send a catalogue and another activity for a sales rep to follow up? I know how to import this information to Act! and create these activities, but is there a way to do it without Act! open?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-05-2017 05:02 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Export contact info and activities to Act!?

TinA,

Mostly the question comes down to volume. If you have to manually process this data and it is only a few per week for instance then you could use the limited function that is in Act! integration with Outlook, presuming you have Act! Integrated with Outlook. So that is the Create Act! Contact and Create Act! Activity, menu commands in the Add-Ins tab in Outlook.

However this becomes time consuming if the volume is more than just a few per week. At Xact Software we have developed a product called Smart Forms which is an automated process and you can have an activity created as you suggest, refer our website http://www.xactsoftware.co.nz/smart-forms

The features are...

Smart Forms Features.png

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-05-2017 05:02 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

TinA,

Mostly the question comes down to volume. If you have to manually process this data and it is only a few per week for instance then you could use the limited function that is in Act! integration with Outlook, presuming you have Act! Integrated with Outlook. So that is the Create Act! Contact and Create Act! Activity, menu commands in the Add-Ins tab in Outlook.

However this becomes time consuming if the volume is more than just a few per week. At Xact Software we have developed a product called Smart Forms which is an automated process and you can have an activity created as you suggest, refer our website http://www.xactsoftware.co.nz/smart-forms

The features are...

Smart Forms Features.png

Graeme Leo

Copper Contributor

Hi gleo,

thanks so much for your help! I'll look into XAct for pulling contact information from our website into Act!. 

I see that there's a free Outlook add-in on the XAct software's website that does what I'm looking for - adding contacts and activities from Outlook which go directly to Act!. However, I have Act version 18.1 and it says the Outlook Addin is compatible with Act! versions 2010, 2011 and 2012 so I'm assuming it's not compatible. 

I see sync Contacts with Act! and sync Calendar with Act! in the add-ins for my Outlook. Do these function the same way as the Create Act! Contact and Create Act! activity that you've mentioned?

Tina

Bronze Elite Contributor

Tina,

The free Outlook add-in is not compatible with later versions of Outlook. 

The sync contacts and calendar, accessed through the Tools menu in Act!,  are not related to what you are wanting too achieve.  

Graeme Leo