Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Contact List with Link Back to ACT

Astute Commentator

Export Contact List with Link Back to ACT

ACT! ver 21 Desktop (Upgrading to v22 Desktop and Web soon)

Is there a way to export a list of Contacts to Excel or PDF with a link back to the contacts details?

In short, I guess I am asking if there is a field that would provide a "url", whether ACT is open or not.

OR would this have to be done through the API ?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Peter

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Export Contact List with Link Back to ACT

ACT has a UID for Contact and company tables but they are hidden and cannot be used for export or import

BUT

there is a free add-on that makes a copy into a field you can see so you can export and then import back using this as key matching field.

Here is the link to an explanation and download link -

https://www.aspen-tech.com/blog/Who-Doesnt-Like-Free-Act-Stuff-Part-2-GUID2Field_AE185.html

and here is an article on importing back into ACT -

How to Import Contact Data from an Excel®, Comma Delimited (CSV), or Text Delimited (TXT) File into ...

Astute Commentator

Hey ch1p, thanks for this...It may come in useful at some point...But, I don't need to import back in to ACT.

When a user (management) receives this exported (excel/pdf) data, they want to click on a contact and that will take them to ACT and the selected contacts details.

Peter
Silver Super Contributor

Hi and have now read your question more carefully.

The records are in a secure SQL database structure and I cannot think of any way an exported report could dynamically link back to the record.

It might mean having to get the managers to train up using ACT so if they are in a list view of opportunities for instance they know how to get to the linked contacts etc. (But I know how hard trying to get managers to put in the effort can be!)

Is it a custom built report or one of the ready built reports that you are trying to link? 

Astute Commentator

Sorry for the delay in responding.
Right know it is in excel from a query.

Pety