Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Experiences with BusinessMap ?

Tuned Listener

Experiences with BusinessMap ?

Has anyone worked with BusinessMap5? 

I've tried Micrsoft Streets and Trips which can map your contacts from Excel data, but it allows no customizing of the mapped data other than manually changing the color of the push pin one by one.  It seems BusinessMap is an extremely sophisticated software which will not be supported in the future.  I was told ERSI is moving into even more sophisticated and much more expensive mapping software.  This will leave us with an even larger gap between the most basic mapping and the high end mapping. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Experiences with BusinessMap ?

We are BusinessMap partners as well as ACT Certified. I liked the product but it is a bit of a beast. Huge install. Decent integration with ACT.

ESRI stopped selling the product in January so I Imagine we are done with. A few development partners have mentioned creating a new third party app for mapping with ACT.

At the moment, there is nothing to replace to BusinessMap that I know of.

Geoff Boulden

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.

716-837-5727

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Bronze Super Contributor

My name is Jim Durkin and I don't have any direct experience with BussinesMap but I have developed two addons for ACT! which have map functionality. The products are called Calendar View Plus for ACT! and Task List Plus for ACT!. You can download the free trial at http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx

In our TLP product you can highlight multiple activities then get routing direction between them: http://www.durkincomputing.com/images/ACTAddonsScreens/DCTLP10/MapIt_DriveIt.png

Both products use maps.google. to display and print the maps.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Tuned Listener

Thanks!  I'll download now.  

If I may bother you with a direct question please, can you do a Lookup and map the contacts in that lookup? 

I would have the same need - doing a lookup in ACT, then mapping the results.  I would certainly pay for that kind of functionality and is would be a huge improvement for our business.  I can't believe ther'es nothing out there like that??