Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Existing Contacts Display in List View but Detail View is Blank

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Existing Contacts Display in List View but Detail View is Blank

My supervisor and I are running on very similar systems (same OS version, same Act account - Premium Web version) but she is not able to view contacts in Detail View when using IE. Searching for contacts brings up the full and accurate list from our database, but when she clicks on a contact to look at the record in Detail View, the record shows only blank fields. This issue is not present for her when using Act in Chrome, and is not an issue for me at all in either browser. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 09:20 AM

Re: Existing Contacts Display in List View but Detail View is Blank

We're both running Act 17 and IE 11, however, act.com was not added to her compatibility view list. It has now been added and contacts are viewable again in Detail View.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

What version of Act! Premium and IE are you using?

Please check our compatibility matrix knowledgebase article to see if they are compatible:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767/kw/29767
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 09:20 AM

We're both running Act 17 and IE 11, however, act.com was not added to her compatibility view list. It has now been added and contacts are viewable again in Detail View.

Thanks!

Administrator

Good to hear!
Thanks for letting us know.
Copper Contributor

Gary,

Might there be another cause of this? Some users, but not all, are experience this issue after applying the fix for another issue outlined in the following KB article:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29520/~/error%3A-error-validating-user.-the-type-initializ...

I confirmed that they have Act in their compatibility view settings, we cleared cookies and cache hoping it would force a resolution, but it's still showing up. I do not think it could be a currupted layout as a KB article states because otherwise the problem would be more widespread.

We also are using IE11 with Act Premium 17.1

Administrator

Hi mjmcpe,

Does the issue affect any other databases (i.e. a newly created one) or just the one shared between users?

I would suggest updating Act! to the most recent version available to you. In this case it would be Act! v17.2 update 3.
You can download v17 SP2 and update 3 from the following page: https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-premium-v17