Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Premium 2009

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Premium 2009

I have two users getting the error "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when they close Act.  They're terminal server users on Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Premium 2009

May be a permissions issue with these users' terminal services profiles. Check their profiles to make sure they have adequate permissions.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Your response is enigmatic as the error message. Can you please clarify how to get rid of this error message. I have started getting it about a week ago. I have ACT!2010 Premium. This is a new error.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello mstumer,

Being that you are responding to a post that is nearly a year old, please detail the your particular circumstances regarding the error. When exactly does this error occur? In your situation, is ACT! being used in a terminal services environment? The error itself is a very general exception error that can occur in a variety of situations, so please provide as much detail as you can.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Had this issue with one employee last year and they applied something callled a "hotfix" where do I find that?

I checked permissions they are the same?

Do you think it might have anything to do with synching to a new cell phone?

Also, if Sage no longer supports ACT Premium 2012 who does? Other than Actability who charges you $165.00/hour and then rarely resolves your issue.

Posted my questions below instead of replying. Any thoughts?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks. Callie

Re: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Premium 2012

I have ACT Premium 2012 and am getting this message - do you recall if you resolved this and how? I realize these posts are from 2009!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Premium 2012

Looks like the fix might be in Hotfix 5 for Act! 2012 SP1.  Make sure you install SP1 first if you aren't already running it.  Good Luck!

kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28810

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!