Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exception List for Auto Attach to Contact History

Exception List for Auto Attach to Contact History

Does anyone know if an exceptions list (or something like it) can be created to keep ACT from adding emails to Contact histories in the database?  This would be for inner-office communications, so we want to be able to NOT have contacts within company automatically add to history when sending an email.  From searching, the only potential method I have seen so far is to make all emails not attach automatically, then create rules in Outlook to attach emails to Contacts in the database if they are not in another list.  Basically, I want to be able to do this with ACT rather than working around it.  Currently we auto attach email subject and body and I think this is a good method so that non-office communication is well documented.

Although we have been ACT! customers for years, we are just implementing integration with Outlook.

Our system is as follows:

Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2012 Version: 14.1.99.0

with Microsoft Office 2010, Outlook version 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit)

Database is installed on a server and the local machine is running ACT! Premium for Web via Windows7 in IE 9 browser.

Thanks for the help!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Exception List for Auto Attach to Contact History

In the email system setup wizard you have the option (step 6 of 8) to "Exclude my record from history."   This should do it for you.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Re: Exception List for Auto Attach to Contact History

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, we are already set up to exclude the "my record" from the history and this does not appear to help.  We need to be able to exclude the receiver (who is also at our company) as well as the sender (at our company) from updating their Contact history in ACT!.  Both are in the ACT! database and creating history entries for their daily emailing back and forth is a needless burden upon the system.

Any other suggestions?