Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excel export icon greyed out in Contact list view

Copper Contributor

Excel export icon greyed out in Contact list view

This is a function I use very regularly, but today it is greyed out.  I have checked the suggestions in KB #14279, but no good.  My system details are:

ACT!2011 Premium HF2

Windows7

Office 2007

The Excel icon is fine in the Demo2011 database.

I need to do a demo tomorrow, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Copper Contributor

Re: Excel export icon greyed out in Contact list view

Ok, may have fixed it myself accidently.  I right-clicked on the toolbar & chose customise.  The customise columns icon replicated, blew up in size, & just sat there,  When I escaped I got a "Unable to cast object of type.." message, then red strips through part of the toolbar.  But the Excel button now works!  Two restarts of ACT! & everything looks ok, so I will leave it at that for now.

Platinum Super Contributor

The Export to Excel icon may be grayed out due to having Yes/No fields added to the Contact List view columns.  You would need to remove those fields/columns to get the icon to function again.  There is an update for Act! 2011 being released next week that incudes a fix for this issue.  You will get a pop-up message about the update, or you can check for it by using the Help > Act! Update option.

In the meantime, to remove the fields/columns if you are not able to access the Customize Columns option in your database:

- open the Act! demo db

- select Customize Columns > click on Reset button

- close Act!

- reopen Act! (demo will open) > select your database from the File menu

The Export to Excel icon will now be available.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks for that.  I did have a Yes/No field in my list view.

Any chance this is fixed or there is an ETA?  We use this as a do not email checkbox and it has a similar effect on the excel export icon.

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello TheRedmondCo,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

This issue was addressed in the ACT! 2011 SP1 update.  Here is a link to an article with instructions and a download link for applying this update: KB Article 27290.

After applying the 2011 SP1 update, you may (not required) want to go ahead and apply the HotFix 3 update.  Information for this update can be found in this article: KB Article 27440.

Greg Martin
Sage