Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excel Export - Greyed Out

Excel Export - Greyed Out

I know this is an old subject, but I did not see an answer that pertained to my situation.  We have ACT2006 for workgroups.  We are in the process of upgrading our Microsoft Office to 2007.  I installed the trial version and now I can not export the contact list data.  The button is "greyed out".

I have the most up to date version of ACT2006.

Do I need to ualso upgrade ACT, which may be cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the help. 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Excel Export - Greyed Out

jonesp wrote:

I know this is an old subject, but I did not see an answer that pertained to my situation.  We have ACT2006 for workgroups.  We are in the process of upgrading our Microsoft Office to 2007.  I installed the trial version and now I can not export the contact list data.  The button is "greyed out".

I have the most up to date version of ACT2006.

Do I need to ualso upgrade ACT, which may be cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the help. 

You should check your user security role (Tools | Manage Users...).  A 'Standard' user is unable to do exports, you must be a Manager or Administrator.
Copper Elite Contributor

ACT 2006 is not supported with microsoft office 2007, that is the reason export to excel is grayed out.

[ Edited ]

I am working with an existing installation of ACT! Premium 2006 and when I go to export to Excel it's greyed out. I realized Excel wasn't installed, so I installed Excel 2003 and it's still greyed out, even after a reboot. I'm logged in to the system (Win2003) and ACT! as an Administrator. I also verified all NTFS permissions to the install and database directories (inheriting Full Control for Administrators). Any ideas why this would still be greyed out?

Message Edited by wzr5014 on 01-26-2009 12:04 PM
Nickel Contributor

If you installed Excel after Act the addins won't function properly, uninstall/reinstall Act and that will likely resolve your issue.
Platinum Elite Contributor

"karthik_lk" is correct.  ACT!  2006 is not compatible with Excel 2007 (or Office 2007) and therefore will not even recognize that that version of Office is installed...that is why the export button is grayed out.  ACT! 2008 (10.0) is the earliest version that will work with Office 2007. 

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

You may have solved this by now, but I'll post in order to help others as well.

I finally got to the bottom of this.  In our situation we have ACT Premium for Workgroups and office 2K3. Our users run as Users not Administrators and I couldn't get the dang excel button working. It seems that SOME coders (not pointing fingers here)(SAGE) write and test applications as local Admins, but MS recommends that regular users NOT be local admins.  Anyway, here are the steps to enable it.

Give Full Control permissions for Users in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT

Give Full Control permissions for Users in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Application\CurVer

Give Full Control permissions for Users in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Application\CurVer

So you can not use Act 2006 to export to Excel 2007?  Is there another way to export this data into excel?  Thanks. Toni
Platinum Elite Contributor

You cannot use the Export To Excel function to directly export list views to Excel 2007 in ACT! 2006 (8.x). But you can still use File/Export to export data to a text delimited .csv file, which can then be opened in Excel 2007.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you so much!!! Toni