Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Examples needed - customised ACT! database & how to use 'field triggers' effectively

Copper Contributor

Examples needed - customised ACT! database & how to use 'field triggers' effectively

Hello there.... I was hoping that someone might be kind enough to show me a screenshot or two of a customised ACT! database so I can get an idea of what sort of things can be done. I thought there might be some ACT! fanatics customised database gallery that I could view for ideas, but sadly this is not the case.

Also, I know that you can set a field to run a program or open a file each time you enter something into the field - again I have no idea how this can be used effectively (I don't recall any examples being given during the training).

Any examples / info would be appreciated

Bronze Contributor

Re: Examples needed - customised ACT! database & how to use 'field triggers' effectively

The problem with your question is it is too generic. I have built hundreds of custom databases and each might be unique to a business type. What are you trying to achieve through your customisation?

To create a trigger you need to have a program or script so this requires programming capability and there is a developer forum might be a place to look for these.

Also go to www.actaddons.com and have a look at some of the custom applications that have already been written for ACT might save you a lot of time.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.