Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Errors shortly after login into Act Premium (EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe)

Copper Contributor

Errors shortly after login into Act Premium (EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe)

[ Edited ]

Hi

Hope you can help me.

We use Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 on a Terminal server (Windows 2003)

Also using Outlook 2007.

With just one user, we get an error just after the login screen. The Act menu comes up but the startup page is still blank (white)

The first error is,  'Sage Act has encountered a problem and needs to close'

When this is cleared we then get 'The Instruction at 0x7c84cd02 referanced memory at 0x00000014. The memory could not be written.'

If we then clear this error and on attempting to restart act we then get 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.'

In the prcess list ActSage.exe appears to be running but doesn't show on the screen. If I End Process and restart Act. All seems ok.

In the Event log I see 

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 13.0.401.0, P3 4c6cde36, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889dee7, P7 1521, P8 17, P9 system.invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.

Things I have tried:-

• I recreated the users local and roming profile.
  • Checked and repaired the Act Database.
  • Repaired Outlook PST files
  • Started Outlook using several commandline switches -cleandmrecords,-cleanprofile, -cleanreminders -cleanviews -resettodobar

I've assumed that it is user related error as it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else on that terminal.

Is there anything else I can try?

All the best

Nick

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Errors shortly after login into Act Premium (EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe)

Have you tried signing on with the 'bad' ACT! username from a different persons terminal session?  This will help determine if the problem is the particular ACT! user or not.

Greg Martin
Sage