03-27-2017 09:03 AM
We have been running Act for over 1 year without major issues. We are running version 22.214.171.124 Update 3 on around 10 workstations and also a terminal server (Server 2012 R2).
We have a few 'power users' who use Act all day, every day. The remaining users just logging in occasionally. These two power users have started getting daily errors "out of memory line 1" or "parameter is not valid". The latter is always shown when the user clicks into the 'History' tab. A big red cross is shown instead of loading the history.
These errors are not reproducible. After the error appears, the user has to close Act, if they re-open and look at the same contact, the history appears fine.
I have logged a call with Act UK support and they have twice run database repairs, re-index, metadata rebuild, etc. This has not fixed the problem. The latest support engineer also ran an Act Support tool to identify large items in the History, Notes, Activities tab. But nothing was flagged.
Support also suggested installing the latest version of 18, but frankly that seems like a hit-and-hope suggestion - everything has been working fine up until now. The fact this is happening on multiple computers suggests it is not application related. However, as the error cannot be reproduced at will, it also does not appear to be a database error.
What surprises me, is whenever a support engineer logs on remotely to troubleshoot, they never check the application logs - I presume there are some?? When Act throws an error presumably there is a log capturing the fault??
I am going to call again and escalate the case, but wanted to post it here for advice/comments.
There are lots of discussions on these forums about "out of memory" and most genuinely relate to either low system memory, or Act consuming lots of RAM, which is not the case with us.
NOTE: I'm not sure if this is related, but we also have a problem with just one of the power users. When she logs onto the terminal server only, her emails to contacts who do not have a record in act are building up in the HistoryQueue folder. I need to create a new support case for this, as I assume it is unrelated. The other user, who also logs into the terminal server does not have this problem. Neither user has this problem when the log into their own computers in the office.
03-27-2017 02:15 PM
I wrote about the issue a few days ago and got the same advice. I updated Act Premium but still getting the issues...hoping for resolution soon...
03-27-2017 10:59 PM
Might be best to gather the complaints in a single thread. (Original thread: http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Getting-out-of-Parameter-and-other-errors-over-the-last-2-da... )
From extra notices we've been getting with some users, the error might have something to do with web page elements used in the Act UI.
One user was getting the out of memory error with the added notice of "error in script on line 1". We've had a red cross on the history tab, on the documents tab, and even on the button bar right below the menu bar.
03-29-2017 06:14 AM - edited 03-29-2017 06:15 AM
I'm closing this thread to avoid multiple discussions. Please continue discussions in the following thread: