Error with my own Mobile installation

Bronze Contributor

Error with my own Mobile installation

Sage ACT! 2012 Premium SP1 Web ran fine

Installed Service Pack 2 beta and Web and Mobile ran fine

Uninstalled Sage ACT! 2012 Premium + SP2

Installed Sage ACT! 2012 Premium SP1 clean 

Installed Service Pack 2 gold and Web runs fine, Mobile almost runs

On Mobile, anytime I try to do a lookup/search from the Home Page or a "Search Contacts" from the Contacts screen, after a short delay, I get the error message "An error has occured on the server and has been logged.  Please contact your administrator if this problem persists" and I get logged out.

Happens with Chrome, IE9 and Firefox

Does not happen on Sage's demo site with any of those browsers. 

Clearly specific to my site.

See the errors in the Application Event Viewer - they seem to talk about MobileSearch.

And refer to APFW/M/Contacts - but I can't even find an 'M' folder under APFW

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error with my own Mobile installation

At first glance, it looks like the installation is bad - since it worked the first time you installed the update.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling again?

To see if it is indeed the installation, add the Demo database through web admin and test it.  If the same errors occur, I would try the uninstall/reinstall.

Greg Martin
Sage

Had the same issue too, After checking the log files I noticed several references to a timed out TCP connection on port 8112. I went to the server hosing the database and created an inbound and outbound rule for port 8112 and it all started working. Let me know if this works for you

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello LNI,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! COmmunity. Thank you for posting your solution!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.