Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error while updating Act! for Web 2009 Error 1603 Fatal Error during Installation

Error while updating Act! for Web 2009 Error 1603 Fatal Error during Installation

Hi, I can't update Act! for Web 2009. Every time that I try to do it I receive this message:

"Error: -1630 Fatal Error during Installation"

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

After this error, I can't make Act! work. Every time that I try to start it, I receive the following message and Act! never starts:

Window Title:  Act.outlook.Service

Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Shared.Utilites, Version=11.0.500.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified.

I have a Windows 2003 server with the lastest updates. I read other topics about this problem but I didn't find a solution.

If I uninstall Act! and reinstall it again, It works with no problems. But If I try to update it, I have the problem described above. Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Error while updating Act! for Web 2009 Error 1603 Fatal Error during Installation

I am having the same exact problem while installing Act 2009 Premium. 
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Error while updating Act! for Web 2009 Error 1603 Fatal Error during Installation

After updating to 11.1, make sure that you apply the most recent v11 hotfix. 

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2565...

If you continue to receive the error run the C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\MachineConfigUpdater.exe 

Unfortunately the error 1603 happens while installing the 11.1 update.  Cannot get that installed first to apply the hotfix. Any suggestions? Thank you. 
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would suggest uninstalling Act and after uninstall is complete run the Act Uninstaller to remove any registry keys or files that may be left behind. 

Below is a link to the KB article on the uninstaller. You do not need to remove SQL.  

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1933... 

You can download the full version of APFW with 11.1 applied. Use this to reinstall. 

You can contact ACT! Technical Support to send you a download link or one can be sent to you via Private Message through this forum.

Message Edited by ghollister on 01-12-2010 05:25 PM

Hi, I called to the Sage support last week. They couldn't give me a solution so they suggest me to download the newest version of ACT, uninstall the old 2009 and installe the new 2009 It worked for me.

I hope not to have these problems everytime that I try to update ACT. I had a similar problem two years ago with ACT07. 

Thank you very much.

I figured it out.  Needed to install Act, NOT RUN IT, then do windows update several times, reboot, then run it and it ran and installed the update without error. 
Tuned Listener

I am having the exact same issue and am running Windows Vista Ultimate, can you send me the download for the full version of Act 11.1? I am not sure how to locate the full version for downloading and would love to resolve this issue.

Thank you!