Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when setting Colors/Fonts Preferences

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error when setting Colors/Fonts Preferences

I am running ACT! 2010 Premium (12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3) and have just completed a clean install of both

ACT! and SQL 2005 Express to get the last SQL 2005 Security update to install.  The install is done locally

and not across a LAN or Domain. Everything else seems to be working fine.  There is however this

colors/fonts error which would be nice to get resolved but is not critical.  If you think its a matter of doing

a preferences rebuild I can do that.  David Lunceford and Greig Hollister have posted these processes

many times and that has been helpful thank you. It seems a little odd to do that so soon after installing

though. I am running on Vista Home Premium 32-bit, 2GB RAM. 

Preferences Error Image

Just in case the image link doesn't work it shows:

Tools > Preferences > Colors/Fonts 

In the Views listbox it shows "False" as an entry after  "Clearing Detail Composition".

There is also a dialog box that appears with a red circle critical indicating

"Input String Was Not in a Correct Format"

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author act_enthusiast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error when setting Colors/Fonts Preferences

Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author act_enthusiast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue.
Copper Elite Contributor

Thank you David i'll keep an eye out for the update.  I have to say though that I really like ACT! 2010 as a total product.

The addition of the webinfo tabs on both the contact and company tables have made it even more clear how easy it is

to get information quickly about our contacts when I need it.  All I need open is ACT! and Outlook and i'm good to

go, no need for oodles of windows open to complete simple tasks.  I just added a  custom report icon to my toolbar

and with one click I can see the report.  The new 64-bit HP system we got about 3 years ago for about $300 performs very

responsively.  The recent hotfix made it even faster.  I like being able to choose how much client data to take with me

when I travel and can use network sync over the internet to sync anywhere and it doesn't cost me any extra for an

offline option.  Kudos also to Allen Duet's suggestion to feed the contact name to the reverse phone lookup site.

I also like the option Roy L suggested about Genie Backup Pro in that it allows doing backups including SQL while 

running.  This way I can backup both locally and to another location across the network or even online for free or

low cost and can schedule that as well.  With all the data I have it's peace of mind knowing that I have the option of 

backing up to multiple locations.  I'm also thankful that i'm not charged for the quantity of my data storage otherwise

it would cost me money that is much harder to come by these days.