Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when downloading a Remote DB file from the server I/O operation has been aborted

Copper Elite Contributor

Error when downloading a Remote DB file from the server I/O operation has been aborted

I have tried multiple times to download a remote DB file from my server (Windows 2003 hosted at Godaddy, dedicated server). Godaddy duplicated the same problem when they tried it. The file is large, 8GB. I think it is because we use ACT as our paperless storage for all of our client files. The error: "Cannot copy James_RD_1_16_13: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thred exit or an application request". However, the file shows up on my remote computer and is the exact same size as the file on the server. When I go to unpack, ACT first goes into non responsive mode. Then, a message pops up that the password entered is incorrect. I never entered a password though. It doesn't give me an option to enter a password. And when I created the RD, I did not password protect it. I currentlly have a service ticket to GoDaddy to see if they can mail me the file on disk. I think the 8 GB is just too large to download over the internet. I am using remote desktop to transfer the file.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error when downloading a Remote DB file from the server I/O operation has been aborted

Hello tbudde,
Prior to the password error, are you getting a prompt to enter one, or to login to the remote database? As for the 8 GB, can GoDaddy confirm that this exceeds their file transfer limit?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Error when downloading a Remote DB file from the server I/O operation has been aborted

Tbudde

Do check the computer is using NTFS instead of FAT32 which has a 4GB limit.

Kind Regards

fossehs

Copper Elite Contributor

How do I check to see if it is using NTFS?  Godaddy did suggest that I use FTP vs. remote desktop. I have yet to try that.

Copper Elite Contributor

No. It does not ask me for a password.