Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when creating new field

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error when creating new field

Getting this error when I try to create a new field.

Cannot find the user ‘ACTOLEDB’, because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Have tried the fixes suggested in other forum threads such as running database repair and also running the securityCmdLnApp however nothing has fixed the problem.

Any ideas ?

Also unable to edit existing fields, however I don't get the error message when I try to edit, the changes are just ignored.  My Act database must be related to my wife !

I am running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Error when creating new field

Thanks Greg.  That ACT Diag did the trick.  Turned out to be a security problem it seems.  Ran the security rebuild in the ACT Diag and all is fine.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

The fixes you mention normally will resolve this issue... just to double check - if the database you are accessing is on a host/server computer, the fixes will need to be applied to the server.

If you attempt to create a new database, do you get an error or is it successful?

If you open the ActDemo database and test creating a new field, does it also receive the error?

You may also be able to resolve this issue by using the Actdiag program to run Check, Repair, Rebuild Schema, Rebuild Security, and Reindex.  Here are instructions for using the Actdiag utility: KB Article 19642.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg.  That ACT Diag did the trick.  Turned out to be a security problem it seems.  Ran the security rebuild in the ACT Diag and all is fine.

Thanks again.