Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when clicking tasks tab

Error when clicking tasks tab

I am providing support for Act Premium 10 and when a user clicks on the task tab on the left he gets this error.

Failed to create view Act.UI.ITaskview,: System.BadImageFormatException:could not load file or assembly'Act.UI.Activities.Views or one of it's dependancies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Then a bunch of other stuff (can email the whole screenshot).

This happens no matter what database is open.

Hope someone can help me so I look good!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error when clicking tasks tab

Hello Grafter050,

A "BadImageFormatException" is usually thrown when the file image of a DLL or executable program is not valid. In this case it could mean the .dll to bring up the tasks is damaged, missing, or a differnt version than the other program .dlls. It could also mean that the user may not have permission to the .dll. I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Also, if the user has Vista as their operating system, disable User Account Control (UAC). The instructions are in KB Article 20220.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Error when clicking tasks tab

Thanks Have uninstalled and reinstalled but same error. Machine is Win XP SP3 32 bit. Have this on loads of similar machines without this error.