Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when clicking on an email address in Act 2012 Premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error when clicking on an email address in Act 2012 Premium

Yesterday, all my users reported that Outlook does not open when you click on an email link from Act. Instead there's a message:

"Unable to cast COM object 'Redemption.SafeRecipientsClass' to interface type 'Redemption.ISafeRecipients'." There's more, so I've attached a screen shot below. I've rebooted workstations and Act server, also went back around and applied sp6 to server and workstations (everyone was on sp4) and still same error message. No changes where made across the board recently - last MS updates were over a week ago. I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

2.png

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkokkinis@yahoo.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error when clicking on an email address in Act 2012 Premium

As Stan suggested, that would be the first thing to try ... However, that IID is not the usual one for that error

If the fix in the article posted doesn't help, try doing it with a refresh dll attached at end of this article:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23311

If still an issue, try a repair of Office... and, if still not fixed, some more info:

You say it's happening with ALL your users?
Are they running local installs with a shared database or Remote Desktop?
What operating systems?
What versions of MS Office?
What build of Act! from Help | About?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

This isn't exactly the error message you're getting but it's pretty close.  I would give this a try and if it doesn't work you may need to upgrade the Remption dll.  Let us know if this solves it for you.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25717

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkokkinis@yahoo.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

As Stan suggested, that would be the first thing to try ... However, that IID is not the usual one for that error

If the fix in the article posted doesn't help, try doing it with a refresh dll attached at end of this article:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23311

If still an issue, try a repair of Office... and, if still not fixed, some more info:

You say it's happening with ALL your users?
Are they running local installs with a shared database or Remote Desktop?
What operating systems?
What versions of MS Office?
What build of Act! from Help | About?

Stan and Mike

Thank you both for your offered solutions. I tried Mike's first and it fixed it. Should anyone find this in the future, I'm running Act on a Windows Server 2008r2 all updates and Act client is running on a Terminal Server (also Windows Server 2008r2 all updates). Office 2010 32 bit, all updates. I reregistered redeption.dll logged in as admin and it worked. I then logged in as a regular user and it was already working there as well. Thanks guys!