Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when attempting schedule activity

Tuned Listener

Error when attempting schedule activity

I have a user that cannot schedule activities.  When they attempt to schedule an activity, the following error shows up:

"Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days expects day type of Named. Actual value was None."

They have been a user in the database for about a month and were able to schedule activities initially, but now they are getting this error whenever they attempt to do so.  As far as I know this is only happening with the single user, and it happens even if I am logged in and attempt to schedule a meeting FOR them.  I do not know if it makes a difference, but they have been a contact in the database for a long time, but just recently began working for us and their status was changed to user.  Also, this error happens even when the activity is not being scheduled to recur. 

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is there an error with our database that needs to be fixed?

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Bronze Contributor

Re: Error when attempting schedule activity

Kadon,

I would go to start run and type in %appdata% and then rename the ACT folder which effectively deletes the preference setting for the user profile. Log back into ACT and test as I have found this has resolved similar errors on other sites using this method.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the advice, Paul.

One problem with that is that this user has accessed ACT from a couple different computers, and this error happens even when I am logged into my computer as myself and try to schedule a meeting for this user (I am an admin and can schedule for any user).  I did try renaming the ACT folder on the primary computer he uses, and while I did have to reset all the preferences, the error still persists. 

There are a couple of new developments (or at least I just discovered them while testing today). I noticed that nothing is listed on his calendar, even activities that have been created by other users and he has accepted.  Several things show up in his task list, but not on his calendar.  I have checked all the filters on the calendar.  Also, when clicking on the Activities tab in his contact record, the same error pops up.  This happens when logged in as him and even on my computer when I am logged in as myself and am looking at his contact record. 

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Does this user synchronize with Google?  We have seen this issue when a bad activity from Google is placed on the ACT! calendar.  If you have upgraded to Sage ACT! 2012 SP1 (V14.1 in Help > About ACT!) you can try using the 'Remove Synchronized Activities' under the Outlook integration options (Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Sync Preferences).  

Run the remove option (then cancel from the screen) and test creating an activity.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Yes, he does sync with Google!  It does seem like this could be the problem, because when I attempted to run the sync it failed.  We have not yet installed SP1.  Do we need to have that installed in order to be able to correct this problem?  I tried turning off the sync and even un-authorizing ACT! for his google account, but still continued to get the error.

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Super Contributor

The SP1 includes the option to 'Remove Synchronized Activities', so it would need to be applied to run that option.  Note: This 'fix' is still being tested for 'Google' activities, so it may not correct the issue. 

Another option would be to create a new ACT! user for this particular person.  The problem with this option is that transferring the items from the original username to the new one may include the offending data and corrupt the new username.   

Also, it would be necessary to clean out the Google calendar (or disable Google calendar sync) to ensure the offending activity was not re-entered into the ACT! database.

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

I have another issue that appears to be related, but I am hoping can be fixed in a simpler way.  I created a new user and deleted the previous user.  Before doing this I removed all tasks from the old user.  When deleting the old user, I transfered items to my user when I was prompted, obviously, I realize now that I should have deleted them.  As far as I can tell, it only transfered one task to me, and I deleted it, but I am having problems with my user, now.  I am still able to schedule tasks for myself, but none of my tasks that were previously created (including recurring tasks) are showing up and when I look at my calendar, there is nothing listed.  The strangest part is that I can look at the calendar for other users, but as soon as I add my name to the list of users to view, the calendar is blank.  Is there utility that I can run that might find and fix this problem?

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
khodson@tckansas.com
Copper Elite Contributor

when you deleted the previous user, did you reassign ALL items to you (this includes any contacts the previous user created, etc)?  If you didn't then those contacts would have been deleted (along with any activities).

I'm sure you've checked this, but when brining up your calendar are all the filters set to all dates, all types, etc?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com